Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
In my final presentation, I only had to show my blog posts and play my Animoto and VoiceThread to the class. It was easy, and comparing to other VoiceThreads, my sound was loud, and my voice clear. However, my Animoto would have been better if I had more pictures, because I only had the minimum amount. Nevertheless, I am satisfied with my presentation, and glad that it’s OVER!
I am quite happy with my final result, though I know that with more research, it would have even more details than it and more reasons to use MacBooks in education, but I know that it was only a matter of time. If the deadline was farther away than May 14th, I am sure I could have improved my presentation.
To all the students next year, I would recommend that they plan out each lesson carefully, and FOLLOW IT! For me, it was quite hard doing this, and it took me two lessons doing each step (approx.)! I want the entire Earth to be able to do these fun projects, and learn how to blog and use the internet for education. This is because we can learn so much about the development of the world through the new technologies that are at market now. It is a truly great honor to live now, at the world’s modernization phase.
Okay ppl, I finished my presentation. It went quite well... I think. I had to play the Animoto and VoiceThread, and show all of my blogposts relating to this unit. Some ppl STILL have to FINISH! But most ppl have already presented... that's better! Anyways, now we have to work on our evaluation. To get to know MORE about our former project's requirements, visit the IT page!
bye 4 now, and look OUT for my next blogpost:
My NewTech Evaluation
From your favorite bloggist,
:) :D :P
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
MacBooks in Education
1. Mac books in Education.
2. Mac Books can be used in many different subjects, such as
7. Information Technology
8. And Design Technology
9. MacBooks can also be used for making Digital Yearbooks. This would save lots of trees, and would encourage people to send it to their friends, and family. This is harder to do when you have a textbook around, instead of on a macbook.
10. Writing and editing essays for English class would be a lot easier, as the students can take their macbook to the library, their home, and school. Unlike papers all over the place, the teacher would have it saved on their macbook. Therefore, it’ be easier for students to hand in their work.
11. Teachers also have a say in education, thanks to the Apple Classroom Management Solution, which enables a teacher to observe student activity on an unlimited number of computers. When students need assistance, you can take control of their screens to redirect their efforts. Similarly, you can choose one student's screen and share it with others in the class. Text messaging enables you to interact with individual students or groups to ask and answer questions and provide assistance without disrupting other students. With a drag-and-click simplicity, you can transfer assignments and handouts to any or all of the computers of the class!
12. Sometimes, students may want to go on sites that they shouldn’t. That’s why MacBooks have a special learning blocker and virus protector for schools! With this, everybody is in the right site.
13. Thank you for listening, and I hope I convinced you that MacBooks are good technology to be used in schools and especially in Qatar Academy.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
I am also working on my VoiceThread script. Next week, I will record.
I've found some really good photos, which are listed in another one of my posts: Design: Resources.
I'd like it if once in a while, someone would add a comment to my blog. Why don't YOU?!
Go on, click the comment button and leave your thoughts, suggestions or complaints about my blog.
P.S. Today, Mrs. Lindsay told us we can upload our animoto to our VoiceThread. Now, that should be a sight to see!
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
If the teahcer in english class allows macbooks to be used in class, the studnets would be able to write essays and contact the teacher immediately.
Also, the teacher could email the assignment to each of the students, and then be able to save the fact htat students don't understand the assignment because they cab't hear at the back, etc.
Paper would be saved when handing in projects and drafts.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Having an iGoogle helps us in our studies because we can access yahoo, google, and other search engines, at the same time. Also, we can access our email, make a to do list and record what to do for next lesson in iGoogle. And we can check the dictionary, theasorus, too.
IT helps us having an iGoogle for homework because we can reach all eductional sites we have saved on our iGoogle, visit the teachers blog to see what is for homework without memorizing the URL, and also helps us in writing what's for homework without needing to write it on paper and losing it.
iGoogle helps us in our research because we can search many websites from the same site. You can search the dictionary, search for pictures, and see what new blogposts there are in an educational blog.
We can access our email from this one page, see what new messages we have, and inform each other or the teacher about things through an email, without coming out of iGoogle.
You can do ALL of this from just ONE page!!!!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
1. Go to igoogle.com (click on the link)
2. Click on sign up
3. Log in
4. Enjoy adding and taking away things from your RSS!!!!!!
I SURE HOPE YOU MAKE ONE!
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
· New Technology
A very happy new year to all of you, and I hope you got lots of new presents. During today’s lesson, we are going to look @ what types of new technology we got for Christmas or Eid. I will talk about the new and old models of the iPod.
iPods have been popular ever since they came out, and ever since, people have been anxious to have them. There are very different models, the
(Click on the names to visit the websites for more information.)