Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
In my final presentation, I only had to show my blog posts and play my Animoto and VoiceThread to the class. It was easy, and comparing to other VoiceThreads, my sound was loud, and my voice clear. However, my Animoto would have been better if I had more pictures, because I only had the minimum amount. Nevertheless, I am satisfied with my presentation, and glad that it’s OVER!
I am quite happy with my final result, though I know that with more research, it would have even more details than it and more reasons to use MacBooks in education, but I know that it was only a matter of time. If the deadline was farther away than May 14th, I am sure I could have improved my presentation.
To all the students next year, I would recommend that they plan out each lesson carefully, and FOLLOW IT! For me, it was quite hard doing this, and it took me two lessons doing each step (approx.)! I want the entire Earth to be able to do these fun projects, and learn how to blog and use the internet for education. This is because we can learn so much about the development of the world through the new technologies that are at market now. It is a truly great honor to live now, at the world’s modernization phase.
Okay ppl, I finished my presentation. It went quite well... I think. I had to play the Animoto and VoiceThread, and show all of my blogposts relating to this unit. Some ppl STILL have to FINISH! But most ppl have already presented... that's better! Anyways, now we have to work on our evaluation. To get to know MORE about our former project's requirements, visit the IT page!
bye 4 now, and look OUT for my next blogpost:
My NewTech Evaluation
From your favorite bloggist,
:) :D :P
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
MacBooks in Education
1. Mac books in Education.
2. Mac Books can be used in many different subjects, such as
7. Information Technology
8. And Design Technology
9. MacBooks can also be used for making Digital Yearbooks. This would save lots of trees, and would encourage people to send it to their friends, and family. This is harder to do when you have a textbook around, instead of on a macbook.
10. Writing and editing essays for English class would be a lot easier, as the students can take their macbook to the library, their home, and school. Unlike papers all over the place, the teacher would have it saved on their macbook. Therefore, it’ be easier for students to hand in their work.
11. Teachers also have a say in education, thanks to the Apple Classroom Management Solution, which enables a teacher to observe student activity on an unlimited number of computers. When students need assistance, you can take control of their screens to redirect their efforts. Similarly, you can choose one student's screen and share it with others in the class. Text messaging enables you to interact with individual students or groups to ask and answer questions and provide assistance without disrupting other students. With a drag-and-click simplicity, you can transfer assignments and handouts to any or all of the computers of the class!
12. Sometimes, students may want to go on sites that they shouldn’t. That’s why MacBooks have a special learning blocker and virus protector for schools! With this, everybody is in the right site.
13. Thank you for listening, and I hope I convinced you that MacBooks are good technology to be used in schools and especially in Qatar Academy.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008